Appeals Project – Agro-Processing, Productivity Enhancement, and Livelihood Improvement Support Project. How to apply for Kano State Appeals Project women and youth empowerment programme.
Have you heard of the newly invented women and youth empowerment programme called “The Appeals Project”? This scheme is currently hosted by the Kano State Government of Nigeria.
The Appeals Project.
“APPEALS” stands for Agro-Processing, Agricultural Productivity Enhancement, and Livelihood Improvement Support, this programme is assisted by the Federal Government of Nigeria FGN-World Bank.
Why the Federal Government of Nigeria developed the Appeals Project for Nigerian is to enhance agricultural productivity of small and medium scale farmers and improve value addition along priority value chains in the participating states.
Components of the Appeals Project.
The Appeals Project consists of 5 components:
(1) Production and productivity enhancement are to increase the total supply of the targeted priority value chains with a purpose to ensure a consistent, reliable and timely stream of products to the markets.
(2) primary processing, value addition, post-harvest management and women and youth empowerment will support the reduction of post-harvest losses, facilitate the consolidation of production and primary processing by farmers’ cooperative societies and small and medium-scale enterprises in project intervention areas, focusing on gender-sensitive activities along the core segment of the value chains (production, processing, marketing) and ancillary businesses (agro-dealership, haulage, packaging, business management, etc.);
(3) Infrastructure support to agri-business clusters aim at improving the physical environment (last mile connection to roads and utilities) for agro-industrial and cottage processing units, located in agri-business clusters with significant potential for agro-processing and greater inclusion of small to medium size farmers into the agri-business supply chains through the business alliances;
(4) Technical assistance, knowledge management, and communication are to build the capacity of the project staff and partner in the relevant areas of the value chain development, harness the knowledge acquired and generated under the project.
(5) Project management and coordination are to ensure effective management and coordination of the project for proper accomplishment of project related goals and the achievement of the PDO.
This programme offers training and potential funding to any of the three segments of production, processing, and marketing across any of the following eleven (11) value chains. See the chain below;
Appeals Project Requirements.
1) There are certain criteria you must meet before you will be eligible for this programme.
2) Applicant must be between the age of 18-40 as at December 2018.
3) Women that are up to and older than 40 years can also apply. Educational qualifications does not apply to within the age of 40 years and above.
4) Youth applicant must have concluded the secondary school level and obtained a WASC, SSCE, NECO, NABTEB certificate with not more than 2 sittings and must have passed all the core subjects including mathematics and English language.
5) Applicant must be a resident of Kano State with a verifiable address.
6) Applicant must have evidence of land ownership, space and facilities within the state for the establishment of his/her enterprise.
7) Disabled people and people with special needs must be literate in English language and no minimum educational qualification is required.
8) Applicants with higher education certificates NCE/OND/HND/Bsc/MSC can also apply.
- Male applicants above 40 years are not eligible to apply unless the male applicant is disabled and has special needs.
- Selection of applicants for training will be in line with the world bank procurement guidelines.
- Selection of applicants for empowerment will be based on performance at the training program and submission of a viable business plan.
- Failure to attach the required credentials will lead to the applicant disqualified for this scheme
- Multiple submission of application from an applicant will automatically lead to disqualification.
- The Application form is free
How to Apply For Kano State Appeals Project 2019.
This is the most vital section.
If you are interested in this project and you wish to apply, follow the guidelines below to apply.
To apply for this project, you are must submit Expression of Interest (EOI), collect, fill and return duly completed application form to the address below:
Kano state APPEALS Office,Knarda building Complex
Km9, hadeja road, Kano.
Applicants Must Attach the Following Documents to the Application Form.
1) Completed application form addressed to state project coordinator.
2) Photocopies of the credentials listed below;
- First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) (where applicable)
- WASC/SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB ( where applicable)
- Higher education certificates NCE/OND/HND/Bsc/MSC (where applicable)
3. Birth certificate or Age Declaration
4. 2 recent passport photographs (colored)
The application forms should be submitted to the address above from 9am-4pm on Mondays to Fridays.
Click Here to find latest job opportunities around you
Do you need more updates on the Kano State Appeals Project women and youth empowerment programme? Subscribe to our email list below and you will be receiving the latest updates about The Appeals Project on your email inbox whenever there is a new update.
If you have any question or enquiries, CLICK HERE or simply leave your questions on the comments section below.
The contents on Recruitment News Portal are posted with good intentions. If you are certain that you own these contents and you believe that your copyright was violated or infringed by us, please contact us immediately via our Contact Page to file a complaint. Actions will be taken with Immediate effect.
This website is not affiliated with any recruitment agency we publish here. Our work is to give the latest news about them.
Copyright Warning! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment. All contents are protected by DMCA. Be warned!
Most Important! Do not Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITE pertaining to any Job offer requiring money.
You can take a little tour on this website: